The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in the Columbia MD area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of dental expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Dodek or Dr. Dodek Gorman has prescribed.
- You’ll visit our office about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Many times clear braces will be used to reposition teeth that will need full mouth reconstruction. Optimizing tooth angulation and spacing for a comprehensive restorative work allows for the best alignment for force transfer when you chew. Many times, orthodontics can correct issues allowing for a more conservative treatment plan.