Green Friendly Office
In Columbia, MD we practice in a state-of-the-art, and environmentally conscious environment. It is a difference you will notice from your very first visit with us. A lot of thought was put in to the planning of this new office, and would invite anyone to come and see it.
The interior of our space was built “Green Friendly”:
- We recycled the existing doors, window blinds, and ceiling tiles.
- We used bamboo flooring, carpet and floor tiles from Leed certified sources, and low VOC adhesives.
- Greenguard certified Cambria quartz transaction ledge.
- Low VOC paints.
- Recycled fibers used in our insulation materials.
- Low flow fixtures with kick pedals to limit water flow in our treatment areas.
- Installed energy star appliances where possible.
- Energy conserving light fixtures with low energy bulbs, and motion sensors that turn off lights when not in use.
- Zoned temperature controlled areas to keep energy use down.
Our practice methods are also environmentally friendly:
- Our office is now chartless saving paper, space, and time.
- Electronic claims submissions to insurance companies to save paper.
- Digital imaging with Schick sensors allows for close to 90% less radiation than with traditional X-rays.
- Autoclave is a medical grade steam sterilizer without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Medical grade hand sanitizers to limit water use in treatment areas.
- Amalgum separator to allow for environmentally sound disposal of removed mercury fillings, preventing the pollution of the water system.